Wednesday 3 August 2011

“The secret to a rich life is to have more beginnings than endings.”

So here is the email I have sent to my customers and seeing as I havent blogged for a while I thought I should keep our camp, workshop and blog readers up to date.....

Well it certainly was a shock, first comes the nausea, then the food avoidance, then the tiredness and yes, you guessed it we have recently discovered that we are expecting a baby, and to everyone’s surprise this time a furless version. No one is more shocked than me, well possibly our parents, I am still shocked and I have known for just over 4 weeks. It was certainly not in our immediate plans but Matt and I are really excited all the same and feel really lucky to be part of this rather special roller coaster. I am now almost 14 weeks pregnant.
Our baby is due on the 7th February, perfect timing I might add for next competition season however most untimely for Olympia! I have to chuckle to myself, I am obsessed and so I am sure a pregnancy won’t be holding me back for long, I really hope some of you are good with babies because we shall need some educating I mean seriously you could all be giving me 121's but Matt and I are both looking forward to learning.
So we wanted to let all of you guys, our valued customers and friends of the blog know first but also wanted to make sure that you feel secure with regards to the future of all of the classes and events which I can assure you by the way is very bright. Our suggested way forward is below and we are also open to suggestions. We will be looking at some of the groupings in particular the Mondays at 7pm and seeing which groups and trainers will work best together. I will look towards resuming a normal working life as soon as our routines are more established in 2012. We aim to have started most of these changes by 1st November 2011.
Workshops will be taken by both Matt and myself as long as I am feeling well, guest trainers will be invited end Jan-March to make sure you have an action packed few months with information overload and these will be helped by some of my valued DD trainers looking after the guest trainer. So far we have Anthony Clarke, Jo Tristram, Dave Munnings, Sian Illingworth, The Lakers, Kamal Fernandez and more booked.
Mondays will be taught by Fern Jeffery, Kim Loaring, Sian Beardsell and Vivienne Wells. I will lesson support, plan and also lesson evaluate
Tuesday mornings will be taught by Matt unless we let you know otherwise.
Tuesday one off evening workshops will be taught by the ever enthusiastic and energising Sue Rafter, again a long standing client and friend.
Wednesday Lifeskills will be taught by Vivienne Wells and supported by Fern Jeffery and Sian Beardsell. Vivienne is a long standing client and friend and is doing an excellent job with these classes and both Sian and Fern are becoming very well established in this area.
Thursdays will continue to be taught by Matt or myself and we do not plan to change this at all throughout this time. We may also look at putting in a 1.45 class on a Thursday but we need to see if there is sufficient interest first, please let us know if you could make this class.
I have attached our new DD membership scheme which will start from November 2011 although I can’t guarantee I won’t tweak it in the mean time. You can join this whenever you like and membership starts from November although you can book ahead immediately on joining – read the attached information(bloggers if you would like this please email over to carole@devondogs.co.uk) We are also in the middle of planning a very exciting Summer Camp for 2012 with two top handlers and trainers. This will be held locally on a gorgeous camp site tentatively from 2nd-6th July and watch this space for more information.
Information overload – that’s me! I would like to finish by letting you all know just how much we both love working in this area, we feel very privileged. Speaking for myself I am passionate about teaching, learning and progression and I hope you can enjoy these exciting changes with us.
Kind Regards


Lauren, Matt and all at Bowerland